WORK & PLAY AT JIBJAB!
We work very hard here at JibJab, not because someone is telling us to, but because we love what we do. We love creating stories. We love building cool things. We love tackling tough challenges. We love to laugh. We love to win. Winning for us is serving our mission (“Billions of People Happy”) and making a living doing it. After all, what better way is there to make a living than making things that make people happy?
Title: Technical Artist
JibJab has been pioneering online entertainment since 1999 when two brothers, Gregg and Evan Spiridellis, believed that shifts in technology presented a once in a lifetime opportunity for two guys in a Brooklyn garage to build a global media and entertainment empire. Since then, the company has been featured on major media outlets around the world, has premiered 16 videos on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, and their users have created over 250 million Starring You® videos that have been viewed over a BILLION times. Today, the brothers are joined by 80 incredible co-workers all in pursuit of their audacious corporate mission: Billions of People Happy!
JibJab Bros Studios is looking for a talented, motivated and self-sufficient Technical Artist to focus on our Starring You video platform. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the Starring You video pipeline from prepping files in pre-production, animating, rotoscoping and masking during production and finally QA, bundling and prepping our files for launch. The ideal candidate:
1 – is highly technical when it comes to video encoding, rendering and troubleshooting
2 – is capable of balancing dozens of tasks simultaneously.
3 – cares deeply about the integrity of their work and the overall user experience of our customers.
4 – has an *incredibly* stern attention to detail. (If you don’t, then trust us this job is not for you!)
- Prepare files for production and post-production pipelines using the Adobe Suite, particularly After Effects, Flash, Premiere, and Photoshop
- Manage all necessary file conversions (web, broadcast, downloads, mobile, press, festival, etc.)
- Repackage legacy content for changing technology, including adjusting animation, compositing, and masking
- Troubleshoot and resolve any software issues during production
- Asset based animation using After Effects
- Motion tracking, Rotoscoping and Masking using After Effects
- Maintain and update template files for artists
- Minimum 2 years experience in technical production;
- Solid understanding of video compression and codecs
- Must be familiar with the principles of animation (follow through, anticipation, etc.)
- Familiarity with audio concepts and software;
- Familiarity with compositing concepts and software;
- Knowledge of current trends in web & mobile is a plus;
- Start-up experience is a plus.
- A pioneering spirit and positive, “can do” attitude;
- Obsessive attention to detail and getting the job done right;
- A roll-up-your-sleeves kind of person who leads by example;
- A great sense of humor; and
- No ego — we follow the “no assholes rule” here at JibJab
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salaries and stock option packages
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Company Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Free Laundry Services (yes, we do your laundry)
- Friendly, fun work environment with great people (like, really, really GREAT people)
If you’re interested, email your resume to @firstname.lastname@example.org.
JibJab Media Inc. is looking for a talented Director of Marketing to accelerate the growth of its latest brand, StoryBots. Continuing JibJab Media’s legacy of laughter, StoryBots offers a collection of web and mobile apps for kids, ages 3-to-7, and their parents.
We are looking for a standout Marketing Director with passion for and experience in marketing premium online and mobile apps for kids and families. If you are a consumer-focused, results-oriented team player who thrives on working in a fast-paced, creative environment, this is the perfect place for you!
The Marketing Director will develop, manage and execute the brand, acquisition, retention and revenue optimization efforts for Storybots. This includes:
• Work with peers on the StoryBots Leadership Team to meet/exceed financial and product goals
• Design, implement, and execute annual marketing plan
• Develop and successfully administer all acquisition efforts (advertising and promotion) to drive new users into the product
• Successfully manage marketing budget to deliver maximum value at or below target subscriber CPA
• Maximize conversion rate and subscription revenue through price optimization, value positioning and upsell messaging
• Engage community directly (email, in-app messaging, etc,) and through social channels to increase overall product visibility, its utility/value and subsequent LTV of members
• Enhance user experience through optimized content programming
• Collaborate with marketing shared-services to deliver best-in-class external communications, including customer support and PR outreach
• Manage day to day activities of any external marketing partners (creative/media agencies, promotional vendors, etc.)
• Partner with peer leads to validate and continually improve user experience through research and direct consumer interaction
• Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
• Minimum of six years marketing or marketing related experience, with at least three years of online/mobile gaming or other premium online/mobile experience preferred
• Minimum of 2 years as a Sr. Marketing Manager or equivalent brand management position
• Interest/experience in kids & family entertainment (specifically kids 3-7)
• Digital-entertainment enthusiast
• Self-starter, high level of initiative, passionate, committed and energetic
• Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and exceed goals
• Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
• Ability to analyze and apply data to improve results
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced, iterative and collaborative team environment.
JibJab Media Inc. – Come join us!
JibJab has been pioneering digital entertainment since 1999. In the past twelve months, the artists, technologists and business people at JibJab have built products that served laughs to over 150 million people around the world. We are backed by some of the biggest names in venture capital and entertainment including Polaris Venture Partners, Overbrook Entertainment and Sony Pictures. We offer highly competitive cash compensation, stock options and we do your laundry for you every week—seriously. If you are passionate about technology and entertainment and want to be at a company where you can make an impact, please apply here!
JibJab’s talented engineering team has built products that have served laughs to over 100 million people around the world. Our ‘Starring You’ product that allows users to put themselves, family and friends into JibJab videos is the biggest personalized media product on the web. Since we launched it, users have created over 100 million pieces of content that have been viewed over 750 million times.
Now, we’re trying to bring that delight to the next generation through our new StoryBots initiative. Our mission is to make learning fun for kids and easy for parents. The way we see it, the promise of the iPhone and the iPad is in their ability to deliver beautiful, engaging, and interactive experiences that spark a sense of wonder in children everywhere.
But we’re going to need help, and this is where you come in.
What you’ll be doing:
• Collaborate with the product and development teams to design, implement, and continually improve apps for the iPhone and iPad.
• Evaluate new technologies and device platforms.
• Provide assessments and accurate estimates for project implementation.
• Optimize UI responsiveness, efficiency of network calls, and smoothness of audio/video playback.
• Integrate visual designs and animations into different apps.
• Implement, debug, and extend purchase and restore funnels with In-App Purchase.
• Work with a passion for quality and maintainability.
Have fun! Remember – we’re funny people…mostly.
What you’ll need:
– 3+ years of development experience in mobile application architecture, frameworks and development methodologies.
– Proficient programming abilities in Objective-C/Cocoa framework and iPhone/iPad SDK.
– Thorough knowledge of Objective-C language features such as protocols and categories. The richer your toolbox for architectural decisions, the better.
– Experience in writing rich GUI’s for the iPhone and iPad.
– Lots of experience with consuming web service API’s and technologies (RESTful or otherwise).
– A firm grasp of web application basics: HTTP, SSL, cookies, database access, and so on.
– A positive attitude is an absolute must, along with strong verbal and written communication skills. We work in small teams, which makes working well together that much more important. We’re not a huge company: cross-department communication is a fact of life.
Nice to haves:
– Experience with Core Data schema design and using Core Data contexts in multiple threads.
– Experience with In-App Purchases, particularly auto-renewable subscriptions.
– Previous experience with developing applications that are already in the App Store.
– Total comfort on the Unix command line.
– Experience integrating with payment systems, web or mobile: PayPal, Recurly, Stripe, and so on.
– Examples of open source projects (on GitHub or elsewhere).
About the rest of our technology:
• Most of our web applications are built with Ruby on Rails.
• Linux is the primary production operating system, PostgreSQL is our database and software like Memcache, Beanstalk and Unicorn are used to power our website and keep it fast.
• Flash, Flex and other RIA technologies power our media personalization and rendering platform.
Laundry service, parking, coffee, bagels on Monday and wagon full of snacks every Wednesday.
At JIBJAB BROS. STUDIOS we make things that make people laugh. From our flagship JibJab® branded satires, ecards and messages, to our kids and family StoryBots® and Hello SantaTM brands, we have been creating innovative online entertainment for over 15 years — and we’re just getting started! Our company was founded in 1999 by two brothers who believed the Internet would be as transformative to the future of storytelling as the technology of celluloid film had been a century before. With a couple of desktop computers, a few thousand dollars of capital and a dial-up Internet connection they hung a shingle and got to work. Today, our company includes over 80 world-class artists, technologists and business people working hard in pursuit of a mission to use technology to tell stories that make billions of people happy. It’s a great way to make a living.
We are now looking to add a Financial Analyst to our growing Finance/Accounting team. This role will report to the Finance Manager and offers plenty of opportunity to be involved in establishing new processes and reporting and to expand your skillset. We are looking for someone who is analytical, curious and passionate about details while not losing sight of the bigger picture. Organization and the ability to work independently are key. If you are a problem solver, proactive, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment, this may be the right fit for you.
Detailed Job Description/Responsibilities:
The Financial Analyst will be primarily supporting Finance, however, will be required to assist in the monthly close process. Some responsibilities include:
Prepare analysis and participate in establishing cadence to review Payment Processing tools and Sales activity (Sales Recovery, Authorization Improvement, Refunds, Chargebacks, COGS – and related products and activities).
Partner with assigned department to provide support in expense review and management and aid in aligning pertinent departments in forecast and actual reporting.
- Support the monthly close process
- Royalties Analysis: review royalties due on New Release financial and use performance and report against comparable releases
- Ad hoc projects as requested
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other quantitative discipline
- 2-3 years of accounting and similar quantative based roles
- Proficiency in Excel
Our office has a personable and easygoing atmosphere – a great place to learn and share your talents. We are looking to schedule interviews very soon; please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (2 positions available)
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
To apply: Send your resume to Ranjan Asrani (Job No: 15693), JibJab Media, Inc., 13428 Maxella Ave #363, Marina Del Rey, CA, 90292.