Why is cake so bad when it tastes so good? Help that birthday someone give into temptation this year with our newest birthday card, Bad Cake. Let the smooth sounds of that rich frosting and fluffy sponge cake talk you into indulgence. It’s only your birthday once a year right? No better day to be a bit bad. We spoke with artist extraordinaire, Rajiv Eipe, about his experience with cakes.
1) Where did you get the inspiration for this hilarious, smooth-talking cake?
When i heard the audio track for this card, the deep, soulful voice reminded me of one person- Barry White. I didn’t really know his music, but i’d seen an episode of the Simpsons that featured him. So i watched a lot of his videos and tried to get a little his character into Bad Cake.
2) Do any foods “speak” to you? What would they say?
Foods speak to me all the time. It’s usually the last slice of Pizza or the last helping of Chicken Curry, begging to be finished. But they don’t sound half as seductive as Bad Cake.
3) Do you have any smooth lines you use like this sexy cake?
No, not really. The smoothest line will turn into a stuttering, mumbling jumble of words when i try to say it, so i don’t even try.
4) Is it better to resist temptation or just give in?
Definitely give in.
5) What would you do if a real cake started talking to you in a sexy voice?
Whatever it told me to…
6) Is cake really the bad boy? Or is there a sweet soul underneath?
A little bit of both i think. He’s bad, but not in a foul, mean way. There’s definitely a sweet soul underneath.
If cake speaks to you, send Bad Cake to that birthday indulger today!
One response to “New eCard – Bad Cake”
I love this cake card, it’s so funny 🙂 I agree why is it celebrated one day for eating birthday cake?